Re: [Xen-users] TX tcp checksum errors with Xen GPLPV 0.9.9 Drivers (xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] TX tcp checksum errors with Xen GPLPV 0.9.9 Drivers (xen 3.2.1 and windows Server x86 2003 R2)
From: Arjan Filius <iafilius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:34:33 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:35:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

i'm sorry, but i just noticed more uptodate drivers, and that give much more performance, and i think therefor the tx checksummin gissue is been fixed.

Now with 0.9.11.pre5 driver:
domU CPU about 50%
Test Server:~# ./iperf -c Windows2003-DomU   -p 2000 -t 60
Client connecting to 10.11.2.7, TCP port 2000
TCP window size: 16.0 KByte (default)
[  3] local Test-Server port 50993 connected with Windows-2003-dom0 port  2000
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-60.0 sec  6.18 GBytes    885 Mbits/sec

the other way around:
domU CPU about 45%
tes server~# ./iperf -s   -p 2000 -t 60
Server listening on TCP port 2000
TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)
[  4] local Test-Server port 2000 connected with Windows-2003-Dom0 port 1033
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  4]  0.0-60.0 sec  2.19 GBytes    313 Mbits/sec

So transmitting packets (with all offloading disabled) isn't just perfect yet, but got 1/3 wirespeed for 1GB Nic's/network.

Regards,