[Xen-users] DRBD, Heartbeat and Infiniband

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] DRBD, Heartbeat and Infiniband
From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:54:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:11:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone,

I’m a bit of a beginner with this so please let me know if the questions are stupid (I have played with Xen under Centos for a little while and have some working images).

I’m about to try setting up a pair of servers with Server A cloning the disks on Server B using DRBD. As far as I can tell DRBD has native support for Xen using the drbd: disk type (Lots of outdated documentation out there it seems) but there are a couple of things I’m unsure of:

How do I configure heartbeat to work with this?

Is DRBD 8.0 recommended? (8.2 seems to cause problems from what I’ve read)

Is Xen NUMA aware? (If so does it need separately enabling/compiling?)

I also want to use a dedicated Infiniband connection to clone the disk data using DRBD. Is IP over Infinband with DRBD the best way to do this or is there a more efficient method?

Thanks,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SEMTEC Limited Trading as SAQ is Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T. services to UK Business.

DSL : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

Find us in http://www.thebestof.co.uk/petersfield