Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.2

Heiko wrote:
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
I see this has now been released :) What is the best way to upgrade both
the Dom-0 and Dom-U to Xen 3.2 within CentOS 5.2 ?

Read the other threads posted in the last 8 hours on CentOS 5.2 :)

did someone try to update?
I cant find any other threads about this in this place ....

Is this on i386 or x86_64? i386 should be straight forward :
- grab rpm from http://xen.org/download/
- upgrade xen package
- edit grub.conf to use xen.gz-3.2 instead of xen.gz-2.6.18-*

For x86_64 :
- Get SRPM from http://xen.org/download/
- rebuild for x86_64
- upgrade rpm, edit grub.conf

I think xen.org's rpm is for xen 3.2 though, not 3.2.1. In my case I had to do some other modification :
- update the xen source from xen 3.2 -> xen 3.2.1
- update pygrub from xen-unstable, to get pygrub support for opensolaris zfs root

If you're using Centos 5.2 x86_64, and would also like my modifications, send me a private email and I'll make my rpm available for download.

Regards,

Fajar