Re: [Xen-users] about module nVidia GeForce 8400 G in Xen

On Mo, Jun 23, 2008 at 05:03:13 -0400, Christopher Isip wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 5:08 AM, €(R)!(c) Jansen <janseneric@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the quick reply,
> > But does it work with the newest nvidia driver
> > (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.09.pkg1.run) or just with the driver that shown in
> > it (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9631-pkg1.run)?
> > I have installed the newest driver in the base kernel, I am afraid of the
> > kernel panic with the xen kernel
> > Cause it seems that the newest driver must have a major modification since
> > in which the driver mentioned that worked with xen kernel.
> >
> > Thank you very much once again
> > ERic Jansen

> It will work with the newest driver without any modifications.  Just set the
> environment variable.

You talk about

export IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=1

right?

I have downloaded drivers from the page:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_173.14.09.html

and have tried to install it with the variable
IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE set to 1.

export IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=1
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-173.14.09-pkg1.run  --x-module-path=/usr/lib/xorg/modules/

I have got the same error message
"Xen was detected; I don't want to continue"
or something like this.

Have you installed NVidia drivers in this way?
What is the kernel version on the system where you have installed
it?
May it be due to my kernel is too old?
$ uname -a
Linux cholpon 2.6.18-4-xen-686 #1 SMP Thu May 10 03:24:35 UTC 2007
i686 GNU/Linux

Any other ideas?

Thank you in advance.

> Chris