[Xen-users] Do any body have experience in creating a paravirtualized gu

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Do any body have experience in creating a paravirtualized guest with xm command?
From: "Kumar, Venkat" <Venkat.Kumar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:46:19 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 04:47:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen daemon is crashing while creating a PV guest with xm command.

My configuration file is

# Kernel image file.

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"

# The domain build function. HVM domain uses 'hvm'.

builder='hvm'

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen"

#ramdisk = "initrd-2.6.21.7-3.fc8xen-domU.img"

memory = 428

name = "fedora.fc8"

vif = [ '' ]

dhcp = ""

disk = ['tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/fedora.fc8.img,xvda1,w', 'tap:aio:/var/lib/xen/images/fedora.swap,xvda2,w']

root = '/dev/xvda1 ro'

 The root and swap file system images are downloaded from jailtime.org.

If I try to create the xend crashes with an error message

Xend has probably crashed!  Invalid or missing HTTP status code.

Looks like kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen" line in the configuration file is the problem.

This is the point where the daemon is crashing.

The kernel image is the same as dom0’s.

Any idea?

Thx,
Venkat