Re: [Xen-users] Rebooting Windows guests when running xm reboot

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Rebooting Windows guests when running xm reboot
From: Ruslan Sivak <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 01:04:05 -0400
Cc: Florian Manschwetus <florianmanschwetus@xxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 22:05:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James Harper wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by testsign mode.

I just installed it and after disabling signature enforcement, it
loaded
the drivers, but did the same thing that happens to other people, it
detected the drives twice, once as QEMU and once as XEN PV.

Curses... I was sure that was all fixed. Can you tell me if xenhide is
loaded? If it is, you should see it as a 'class filter' when you look at
the device properties, and there should also be a key called
'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\xenhide' in regedit.

Thanks

James

I will have to see if I can replicate the problem. I believe this was on x64 and I think it went away on a reboot. I am testing Xen right now for our production environment, and I would be happy to test these drivers for you on a variety of OS's. (I have an MS Technet subscription, so I can get pretty much any MS OS.). I will likely test this on Win2k3 x86 and x86_64 and Win2k8 x86 and x86_64. If you need any sort of logs, or would like me to run any debug tools to help you troubleshoot things, please let me know. Also you probably need to put something in the wiki about disabling signature enforcement or enabling testsigning on Vista and 2k8.

Russ