Re: [Xen-users] Rebooting Windows guests when running xm reboot

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Rebooting Windows guests when running xm reboot
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:10:01 +0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 19:11:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jim burns wrote:
On Thursday June 05 2008 05:46:26 pm Ruslan Sivak wrote:
I didn't see it under services.  I just reinstalled and hosted my 32 bit
windows again.  When I first install it, I get a bunch of warning about
driver signing, and I say to install anyway.  Then I reboot, and the PCI
device is shown as not installed properly.  I update the drivers at
which point I see two of everything.  I think reboot and windows is hosed.

Since 0.9.4 (I think), installing xenshutdownmon is a separate step. See Start -> All Programs -> Xen PV Drivers -> Install Shutdown Service.

That step gives me a pop up "ShutdownMon.exe - Application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

This is on RHEL-5.2/Xen-3.2.1/XP-SP3/gplpv-0.9.6.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Fajar