Re: [Xen-users] Re: DomU on LVM

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

What would be the practical reason for that as opposed to
allocating a bigger LV to contain all partitions?

One reason I can think of is for snapshots of the data you want to snapshot. If I dont care whats in /var why waste time in backing it up. I might want to snapshot home more often than /. If its all on one big LV you cant get that fine grained snapshotting can you?

--
Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.cmdln.org