Re: [Xen-users] Migrating domUs behind a firewall backend domU

To: "Brian Stempin" <brian.stempin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Migrating domUs behind a firewall backend domU
From: Jan Behrend <jbehrend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 09:42:46 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:43:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 23 April 2008 09:01, you wrote:
> Whoops, forgot to post to the list:
>
> I'm just taking a totally blind stab, but here it goes:
>
> If I'm reading correctly, your Firewall DomU is providing NAT for the other
> DomUs.  Is the IP interface that faces the other DomUs the same IP on both
> machines?  IE, do ALL DomUs, regardless of physical machine, use the same
> gateway IP address?

Thanks for the answer.
The netbackend domUs are _not_ doing NAT.  They just keep unwanted traffic
out.  If I flush all iptables rules and merely do forwarding on the
netbackend domUs I get the same effect.
To answer your question: Yes, all domUs, regardless of their physical host,
use the same gateway IP.  In fact all domUs and the physical machines are on
the same subnet.

Jan

--
Jan Behrend
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie