Re: [Xen-users] DHCP and DomUs: not working

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DHCP and DomUs: not working
From: "Jeff Lane" <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:25:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 06:26:56 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=sp873P9vlayfddt/zO0jD29ndh3VtqbwrGmlpiI1Vpg=; b=qTJfZl0KpauQa7G0hITHDBIRY+r0dy0obzvutYTfJVfrO2li1XgeWBkAIm3TiCz0eIBNOx9sw/JiqEa8QzICG4/J6uuRPX/fl7b5sgdmvxPVmwTtV/H4VoCYHhjEO56SOtZqX+pfeCp4kxv+pYrzmK3lx27Iaz93/7W7RSwliEU=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just out of curiosity, what happens if you move the dchp service to a
different machine on your network?  I run quite a few domUs on various
servers and have never had an issue like this...  however, my dhcp
service is hosted on a server that does not run xen.  It provides
NFS/SMB storage, PXE, DHCP and DNS for my test lan...

I've never tried getting domUs to pull an address from a DHCP service
on the Xen server before...

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ross S. W. Walker wrote on Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:42:18 -0400:
>

>  > Gee, Kai, you've had the worse problems with your Xen setup.
>
>  at least concerning DHCP :-(
>

>  >
>  > What happens if you disable the eth0:0 alias temporarily?
>
>  No change at all. As I don't really need DHCP for the installed machines I
>  will go with static addresses now. The acquiring of IP during a PXE
>  installation works fine and there is where I really may need it.
>

>  Kai
>
>  --
>  Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
>  Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com

 www.jefflane.org
 Another cog in the great
 Corporate Wheel

The internet has no government, no constitution, no laws, no
rights, no police, no courts. Don't talk about fairness or
innocence, and don't talk about what should be done. Instead,
talk about what is being done and what will be done by the
amorphous unreachable undefinable blob called "the internet
user base." -Paul Vixie