Re: [Xen-users] Jumbo Frames in Xen 3.3

To: Gareth Bult <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Jumbo Frames in Xen 3.3
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:54:07 +0200
Cc: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:54:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:24:25PM +0000, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After failing to make Jumbo frames work on my Xen installation, I read that
> Xen doesn't support Jumbo Frames.

What did you actually do/configure when you tried jumbo frames?

> Is this really true?

I'm not sure.. I have never really tried jumbo frames with Xen..

I assume first you need to configure your ethX (pethX) devices to use 9000
bytes mtu.. and then your bridge devices to use 9000 mtu too.

After that you need to configure your ethX devices in domU to use 9000 mtu.

Is that enough? Has someone tried this?

-- Pasi