Re: [Xen-users] xennet windows pv performance

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xennet windows pv performance
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 12:58:28 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:59:00 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:02:16PM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 11:57:16AM +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> >
> > Could it be some xen scheduling issue? You're using 2 vcpus for windows, and
> > in this second box you only have 2 pcpus.. and they're both 100% used so no
> > dedicated pcpus for dom0..
> >

> Maybe try windows with vcpus=1 in this box.. then you should have the other
> pcpu only for dom0 and see if that makes difference..

You could also try setting xen credit scheduler weights for domains.. maybe
giving more cpu for dom0 (bigger weigth) ?

The big question is why all cpu is used on this second box when iperf is
running on windows..

How big was the CPU usage on Linux PV domU ?

-- Pasi