[Xen-users] Dummies guide to Xen networking?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Dummies guide to Xen networking?
From: Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:11:16 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:13:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to change my xen server to run all the virtual
machines in their own subnet and act as a router
to get traffic from the VMs to the rest of the lab.

This way I can have near infinite numbers of IPs for
lots of virtual machines instead of sharing the somewhat
limited pool available in the rest of the lab.

Is this what the network-route script does versus the
default network-bridge script?

Is there a dummies guide anywhere explaining all this
in terms someone who has looked at the network-* scripts
and seen only characters fired from a shotgun could
understand? :-).

I'm guessing I'd also need to change the main lab router
to know how to get to the xen subnet someway?