[Xen-users] GPL PV - Windows 2000 Server

To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] GPL PV - Windows 2000 Server
From: "Dan VerWeire" <dverweire@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:41:01 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:41:39 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:mime-version:content-type; bh=DVb2c6IPguS3HWuUziCeDkqwMpL8Pr1C2qsnaehBl1E=; b=ZWLg+SLrLnVJV+ndQpDZ778cJD6BZsDH/DaHMcZK+jDqwLlLQZk3h4URq4/p8r37xbjJlQmNlqPNetCJECe4dliKtwVJIMVBUBzjsUa+etxdr7O1LhWWqBCwVcWAmF+snRYbi4v80Plr6d7jtnRtcu1KQveWII97GcdCpRPEhiE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
James / All,

Has anyone tried the 0.7.0-pre2 or any other versions of the GPL PV drivers with Windows 2000 Server? I just tried 0.7.0-pre2 and Windows is unable to find the driver when I specify the search location. I have followed the following procedures:

1. Open device manager
2. Right click PCI Device (under Other Devices) and choose properties
3. Click the Driver tab
4. Click the Update Driver... button
5. Tick Search for suitable driver for my device
6. Click Next
7. Un-Tick CD-ROM drives
8. Tick Specify Location
9. Click Next and browse to folder of unzipped drivers folder with .inf files, hit ok

At this point Windows says it was unable to find a driver for the device.

I have also tried:
Steps 1-4 from above
5. Tick Disaply a list of the known drivers for this device... Next
6. Choose System devices from the list and hit Next
7. Click Have Disk and browse to unzipped drivers folder with .inf files, hi ok

At this point, the only driver that shows up in the list is the Xen PCI Device Hider Driver. I assume this is not the correct driver that I want so have not gone any further than this. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan