Re: [Xen-users] Emulating Multiple NIC cards on Guests

Hi!

In my case, I'm running fedora 8 and I have two interfaces (eth0 and eth1) in my host. The host has 2 guests.

I would like to have my dom0 and dom1 to use eth0 and dom2 to use eth1. All in the same network.

So I have to do what you have described to add another bridge.

- In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts of dom0 , Configure eth0, eth1 and
eth3 with appropriate network details.
- Edit /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, comment out Line 91 by putting a # in
the beginning of the line and add the below line after that.

(network-script network-custom)

- Create /etc/xen/scripts/network-custom with the below contents in it
and give it 755 permission.

#!/bin/bash
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge $1 netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0 vifnum=0
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge $1 netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1 vifnum=1

- Reboot my system.

- Now I should have xenbr0 and xenbr1 configured properly on
your host system. Run "brctl show" to see details.

How should I assign IP addresses as I want to have the host an both guests in the same network?

As I only want one interface per guest,  nothing else is necessary, right?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
--
Augusto Castelan Carlson