RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 + Live Migration

To: "Serge Dewailly" <serge.dewailly@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 + Live Migration
From: "Tait Clarridge" <Tait.Clarridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:40:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:41:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Serge,

Yes, I have played with it. You will need to go through the
xend-config.sxp file in the /etc/xen/ directory and search for anything
that says relocation or migration and make sure they are enabled
(uncommented) etc. This will have to be done on both the boxes.

Also, another note, is that both xen servers will have to be able to
access the HDD image of the domain in order for it to work properly.

As I read further into your request, specifically the VNC part, it seems
that maybe you have to use the IP of the machine the VM is transferring
to?

That is about as much as I know about Live Migration..

Tait