Re: [Xen-users] DomU crash while scp'ing a file

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU crash while scp'ing a file
From: Rich Wales <richw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:36:27 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:37:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yesterday, I wrote:

Is there anyone reading this list who is successfully running Xen 3.1
on Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon), in paravirtualization mode, without any
random crashes or data corruption?

And today, I would add the following:

Is there anyone reading this list who is successfully running Xen 3.0.x
on Debian Etch, in paravirtualization mode, without any random crashes
or data corruption?

I brought up Debian on my test box last night, and then installed Xen
from the default package (I think it was 3.0.3) -- and when I tried to
transfer a large file onto the Dom0, the copy of the file on the Dom0
was corrupted -- and then shortly afterwards, the Dom0 encountered file
system problems and switched the file system into read-only mode.  When
I repeated this experiment running straight Debian (not Xen), everything
worked perfectly.

As far as I'm aware, my hardware is OK -- no disk errors logged, and an
extended memory test (memtest86+) has not revealed any problems.  It
really looks to me like there's something wrong with Xen.  Any ideas?

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales