[Xen-users] DomU crash while scp'ing a file

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU crash while scp'ing a file
From: Rich Wales <richw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:51:34 -0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:52:12 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I posted this question earlier, but after doing so, I realized a setting
on my desktop system might have caused my initial posting to be flagged
(in error) as spam.  So, just in case some people didn't get my earlier
e-mail, here it is again . . . .

I was trying last night to transfer a large file to one of my domU's
(from a source computer that is not part of my Xen cluster).

Partway through the transfer, the domU in question crashed.  See the
attached file containing the console output.  After this console output,
the domU was frozen.

I did this twice, with the same outcome each time.

Other domU's on the same box continued to run just fine.

I'm running Xen 3.1 / Ubuntu 7.10, kernel 2.6.22-14-xen, on an AMD
Athlon XP 2700+ box with 3 GB of RAM.  There were no errors of any sort
logged on the dom0 at the time of the domU crash.

Any ideas or suggestions?

In case it matters, I did a recursive comparison of the /lib/modules
files on both the "crashing" domU and another domU that runs fine, and
the modules are all identical between the working and broken domU's.

--
Rich Wales      ===      Palo Alto, CA, USA      ===     richw@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.richw.org   ===   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Richwales