Re: [Xen-users] SDL makes me crazy (AARHHRG!!)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SDL makes me crazy (AARHHRG!!)
From: Ralf Kaestner <Ralf.Kaestner@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 01:43:33 +0100
Cc: Roger Koot <r.h.h.koot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:44:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roger Koot wrote:

> have you tried to forget about the not-supported-yet intel driver and
> opted for vesa as X driver? so no framebuffer. X won't be very

very good idea! Had to try this immediately ...

Apart from the fact that the xorg vesa driver made my screen looking like if
Magneto was directly sitting behind my Laptop hiding from the X-men (I suspect
the sync values were screwed up somehow) - it did not work either :( - Same
error in the qemu log.

And I tried xen 3.1.2 as well.

So finally I've put that stuff into /dev/vg0/lvTryAgainLater
Micheal Marineau told me he will have a new gentoo xen kernel probably based on
2.6.21 available later in December - so I count on that.
Anyhow - if someone has another idea or even got a 965GM chipset working with
SDL - please let me know.

Offtopic

is it normal that you can't disable and re-set mtrr's in Dom0 (e.g. echo
"disable=6" >|/proc/mtrr)?
I just get something like "invalid argument" - but the same thing works fine
without xen.

cheers
Ralf