[Xen-users] How can I install xen in Debian Lenny?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How can I install xen in Debian Lenny?
From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:06:01 +1100
Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 21:06:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all. I would need to explain something around xen and Debian Lenny.

I decided to use Debian Lenny instead of Etch because of Xen 3.1. However, when I finish the installation I found out that there is not the linux-xen image in Lenny.

Why there is hypervisor and other xen related packages and there is NOT the xen image?

My aim is to use binary packages instead of compiling anything, but using xen 3.1. Is there any way how to achieve it? If not, what is the procedure in Lenny? You compile just the xen-image and use the binary packages in debian?

I just don't understand.

Thanks for explanation.

jiri