Re: [Xen-users] Memory Sizing Guidelines

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Memory Sizing Guidelines
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:30:27 +0100
Cc: Paul Waldo <pwaldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christian Horn <chorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:31:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 256MB for dom0, rest split up for the 2 domU would be my guess.

If you're running a light dom0 that's not running lots of other services /
apps, that'd be a good place to start testing (then raise this, if
necessary).  I'd have thought it ought to run OK.

I generally recommend people set dom0's memory on the Xen command line (using
dom0_mem=) rather than ballooning it to the right size.  Extensive ballooning
has been known in the past to cause Linux to get confused; you really don't
want Linux acting up in dom0, so I generally recommend people cut the
ballooning out altogether.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.