Re: [Xen-users] Xen with NIC Bonding on Debian Etch ?

To: Pierre-Alain RIVIERE <pariviere@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen with NIC Bonding on Debian Etch ?
From: Artur Mücke <muecke@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:04:20 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 07:05:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pierre-Alain RIVIERE wrote:
> Artur Mücke wrote:
>> Pierre-Alain RIVIERE wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> As far as I'm concerned I have no problem with NIC bonding on Xen.
>>>
>>> I've used the following to get it working :
>>> http://anothergeekwebsite.com/fr/2007/06/xen-vlan-et-bonding-oui-oui-tout-ca
>>>
>>> (sorry it's in french but only the configuration files are important)
>>>
>>> OK, there's also VLAN support but you can drop this part, it is likely
>>> the same.
>>>
>>> It seems I proceed the same way as you but for the xen network script.

Im back.

Unfortunately its not working yet but I dont know why. This is what I
did, after I read your howto and (kind of) understood it:

The configuration looks different in debian but I think that doesnt care.

/etc/modprobe.d/arch/i386
=========================
alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 miimon=100 mode=0

Its different to your setup but I think that should alright or am I wrong?

Moreover my network differs from yours. I have only one network, so I
dont need two bridges or do I?

/etc/xen/scripts/bonding-bridge
===============================
#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 bridge=xenbr0

/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
========================
Replaced:
(network-script network-bridge)
with:
network-script bonding-bridge)

My domU:

/etc/xen/vm_test.sxp
====================
vif     = ['mac=02:00:00:00:00:01, bridge=xenbr0']

If i restart the xen-daemon, the network connection brakes down. So
after the creation of the xenbr0 and the other devices took place, the
connection network connection isnt working anymore. I cant reach any
host by ICMP in my network.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Artur

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary
math, and those who don't."