Re: [Xen-users] Xenserver 4.0.1 running SCO Flavors

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xenserver 4.0.1 running SCO Flavors
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:45:38 +0100
Cc: "Puttur, Kiran" <kiran.puttur@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 13:46:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

This mailing list is primarily concerned with the open source version of Xen,
not with Xen{Express,Server,Enterprise}.  You're welcome to ask questions
here, but folks on this list usually aren't that familiar with the commercial
products so they may not be able to help you.

The XenSource forums at http://forums.xensource.com may provide a better place
for you to get help on this issue (or direct support from Xensource if you
have access to it).

Cheers,
Mark

On Monday 01 October 2007, Puttur, Kiran wrote:
> Hi Xenusers,
>

> I am trying to move all my SCO Machines running OpenServer 6.0.0,
> OpenServer 5.0.7,  UnixWare 7.1.4 to a Xenserver VM. As first step
>
> I installed Xenserver 4.0.1  on a brand new HP ML370G5 box running Intel
> Xeon 5300 processor with Intel VT support. After installation I created
>
> New VM from Xencenter by choosing -> New VM and then chose -> Other
> Install Media  in Templates and then went on to add 1 CPU / 256 MB
> memory
>
> With 4GB of Virtual Hard Disk. After creating the VM, I tried booting
> the VM Using OpenServer 6.0.0, OpenServer 5.0.7, UnixWare 7.1.4
> Installation Media
>
> Looks like none of the media seems to be recognized by the VM.   The
> console displays a  following message
>

> Processor 1 : XenSource (r)  Virtual CPU
>
> XS Virtual IDE Controller                Hard Drive (4608MB)
>
> Unknown Device
>
> Unknown Device
>
> XS Virtual ATAPI - 4                     CD-Rom/DVD-Rom
>

> Boot device : CD-ROM - success
>

> But VM just hangs here without giving any further message, I tried
> booting to Windows, Linux (Red Hat) CD's they all seems to work fine.
>

> I know for the fact that SCO Versions does not run on XenServer as VM,
> or rather there is no support  announced for SCO Flavors
>
>  but I would like to know why the SCO Image in the CD does not boot?
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks
> Kiran Puttur.

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.