[Xen-users] Re: XEN and Windows Guests in critical environment(hospital)

To: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: XEN and Windows Guests in critical environment(hospital)
From: Ligesh <myself@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 03:36:24 +0530
Cc: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jordi Espasa Clofent <sistemes.llistes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 14:49:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 10:44:15PM +0100, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> Ligesh wrote:
>
> > For the app vendor, it is irrelevant if you are running it inside xen or
> > on baremetal. Even for windows it doesn't matter, so for something that
> > sits so high up in the application chain, why would you want to
> > complicate and confuse the easily confused people by bringing in
> > information about a software about which they probably haven't heard about
> >
> Nonesense. I've *been* the vendor, and it makes a big difference what
> kernel you're using. Lying to them just confuses the issues, and I've
> run into *that*, too.

 We are talking about application written in dotnet. That's pretty much 3
layers above the kernel. I had very clearly stated that if you are running
kernel level apps, then it is better you stick with real hardware, or even if
you are migrating, you get the proper experts to do it.

 We are talking about pure user-level applications, like the one in the
Original Post--a dotnet medical app --which would mostly be dealing with
accounting and database. So obviously, it has nothing to do with Xen or the
hardware. If you are running apps that has device drivers, then the situation
is completely different, but that's obvious.