RE: [Xen-users] Cloning a Windows VM

To: "'Ligesh'" <myself@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Xen Users'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Cloning a Windows VM
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 01:01:40 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:59:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        Is it impossible just to create new logical volume of the same size
with lvcreate and simply copy with dd all bytes from the old LV to the new
one and only modify the configuration file to read from the new physical
device? (or to create the modifiable snapshot logical volume) I think this
could work - the partition itself should know nothing about the physical
location where and how it really runs... Or am I wrong?

        With regards,

                Archie