Re: [Xen-users] XenU installs

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 21:20 +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:

> I think yum can do install into a directory.

Yum experiences bouts of brain-dead-ness.

> There was a tool called rpmstrap which automated install into a directory for
> rpm-based guests - I think it may also have handled some guest
> configuration / xen-related config stuff but I'm not 100% there.

It would work, if someone had some time to update the rpm's in
rpmstrap's lists. They go back quite a way now.

There is a patch floating around that updated all the i386 rpm's up to
centos 4, but I can't seem to find it now.

I don't think it works with meta packages , unfortunately :(. I could be
wrong.

Best,
--Tim