RE: [Xen-users] Problem with xen boot if DOM0 is on the LVM, which is on

To: "'Vladislav Kurz'" <vladislav.kurz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Problem with xen boot if DOM0 is on the LVM, which is on RAID
From: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:44:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:42:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        Thanks for response :-)

I verified the kernel configurations, they are different - sure - but in the
area of the MD/LVM this is very similar (the only difference is, the Xen
kernel has for CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD the value "y", by the Ubuntu default kernel
it is the value "m"), so it's looks for me like this is rather not the
problem I have... Or what do You think?
In the /dev/mapper directory is only 1 character device with the name
"control"
After the system comes in the state described below,  there is such a "
prompt"
(initramfs)
And the cursor is blinking there, I can use some shell commands of the xen.
If I start lvm, I can by lvdisplay, vgdisplay, pvdisplay see the given
entities like I have defined it and used in Ubuntu direct, but that is all -
it looks like the device in /dev/mapper just would not be created and I do
not have any Idea why or what should I do...

        With best regards, Archie.

P.S. The section dedicated to RAID/LVM in the kernel configurations:

***** config-2.6.18-xen
#
# Multi-device support (RAID and LVM)
#