RE: [Xen-users] hvm performance

To: "Tony Hoyle" <tmh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] hvm performance
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:34:19 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 May 2007 03:32:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can install Vista in about 20-30 minutes. XP or 2K3 is roughly the
same amount of time - not much different from the native install.

> Server is an intel E6600 with plenty of memory so should be
> pretty fast.
>
> I had a look around and it is apparently the performance of qemu-dm
> that's critical.  That's currently pinned at 1% CPU usage and using
> 332MB of memory (pushing dom0 into swap as I only gave it 256MB) - is
> this normal?  CPU load apart from that is:

Doesn't seem like the normal behaviour I see. I use 256MB in Dom0, but
installing Windows works just fine in this setup.

What version of Xen are you using? What is the host?

--
Mats