RE: [Xen-users] windows guest

To: "ko0nz" <yesiko0nz@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] windows guest
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:26:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 May 2007 03:25:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You need to NOT give a "partition number" for the CDROM device. That
_MAY_ not solve the whole problem, but it's certainly not helping to
have it there. So replace "scd0" with "sdb" or something.

If that doesn't help, try using IDE controller instead of SCSI (I have a
feeling that booting from SCSI devices isn't supported by the BIOS - if
the QEMU-DM of 3.0.3 even supports SCSI devices at all). Using "hda" and
"hdb" should DEFINITELY work.

> device_model = '/usr/lib/xen-3.0.3-1/bin/qemu-dm'
> # cdrom='/dev/cdrom'
> cdrom='/dev/scd0'

You don't want to specity a physical CDROM and a file entry in the
"disk" as CDROM at the same time - I'm not sure which takes priority,
but it's certainly not right to have both - and it makes
trouble-shooting a lot harder.

> # cdrom='/dev/hdb'
> # boot on floppy (a), hard disk (c) or CD-ROM (d)
> boot='d'
> vnc=0
> vncviewer=0
You may want to set either "vnc=1" (and "vncviewer=1") or "sdl=1"
somewhere to get your Windows console up and running.

--
Mats