RE: [Xen-users] Upgrade Proceedure

To: "Nico Kadel-Garcia" <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Upgrade Proceedure
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 16:04:54 +0200
Cc: Mike Wright <xktnniuymlla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 May 2007 07:09:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Because you may want to install/uninstall on a machine that doesn't
(need to) have the source-code (or corresponding Makefile).

Of course, anyone who wishes to un-install can download the source-code,
but it's a completley unneccessary step to instal the source code on 15
machines just because you wanted to REMOVE the resulting files from that
source code, don't you think?

If you're not familiar with it, I'd like to point out that there is a
INSTALL script in the distribution directory which can be used to
install the resulting product of the make (which is what I described
earlier in this thread).

--
Mats