RE: [Xen-users] Fwd: no network for dom0

To: "dror shenkar" <dror.shenkar@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Fwd: no network for dom0
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:18:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 May 2007 03:17:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's probably because your network setup script is using "eth0" rather
than the xen new-name of "peth0" (as in "physical eth0"). I can't
guarantee this, but I suspect that's what it is. [It depends on the
startup-sequence between Xen and IP address setup if this is the case or
not].

> 2> later, have network for other domains

That is a different problem, and it depends on how you want to set up
your guest network. If you have a range of IP-addresses, you could set
Dom0 to use "dhcp" to issue addresses to your guest-domains, or you can
set them to static addresses there too. For para-virtual domains, you do
this by adding "ip=x.y.z.w" to your "vif=..." line in the configuration.
For HVM (fully-virtualized domains), you will need to use the same type
of setup that you'd do if you have a "real" machine - this depends on
which OS you're using, but just follow the normal setup for IP-addresses
on the OS itself. [e.g. use Windows Control panel, or SuSE "Yast2" to
set the network up within the guest itself].

--
Mats