Re: [Xen-users] ACL for DomUs

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:53:54PM +0200, Reinhard Brandst?dter wrote:

> However this would mean that the user would not be able to start this
> machine,
> as it's config file is incomplete (only contains name and xen_shell). Only
> the superuser could start/create the machine using the 'real' config
> file 'apache'.

  I guess that is true.  I'll have to think about this some more.

> What would help here was an 'include' statement for the xen domain config:

  Agreed.

> Two other things related to this: why is there no command for pause/unpause a
> domain? Is it possible to pass parameters to the boot command?

  Pause and unpause were missing because they didn't seem required for
 my hosting setup!   I'll add them to CVS this afternoon and have a new
 release out by the end of the week.

  There are no options passed to the boot command at all right now,
 if you could give me an example of the kind of use that you'd like I
 can see about adding it.  (Though I guess you're talking about ids
 again, right?)  Adding support for "boot foo=bar extra1" would be
 mostly trivial.  The only thing to watch out for shell escapes.

Steve