RE: [Xen-users] vmware inside Xen

To: "David Loyall" <david.loyall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] vmware inside Xen
From: "HAWKER, Dan" <Dan.HAWKER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:49:56 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:49:00 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I think that VMWare inside xen would be a very versatile
> setup...  If it can't be done, is there some other setup that
> might provide similar functionality?

Without trying to sound controversial on a Xen list, if you need VMware
because you can't run whatever OS natively on Xen for some reason, why
not just use VMware on its own???

Use the best tool for the job in hand, whether it's a screwdriver
instead of a knife, Linux instead of Windows or VMware instead of Xen.
Use the tool that is appropriate for your environment.

Dan
--

Dan Hawker
Linux System Administrator

privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do
not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or
disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments
from your system.
Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus
corrupted, altered or falsified.