Re: [Xen-users] vmware inside Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vmware inside Xen
From: "David Loyall" <david.loyall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 04:51:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:57:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, all.

I want to run VMWare on my dom0, for those special occasions when I
need to boot unmodified OSes.

I found some messages from 2005 on this list that explained that it's
not possible to run VMWare on a xen host.  (Example message pasted
below..)

Well, it's 2007 now..  Is it possible yet?  Before you ask, no, I
don't have hardware support for virtualization.  (If I did, I wouldn't
need VMWare.)

I think that VMWare inside xen would be a very versatile setup...  If
it can't be done, is there some other setup that might provide similar
functionality?

Thanks, cheers,

--Dave Loyall
p.s. I'm not subscribed to your list..  CC me, if you please.