Re: [Xen-users] Storage for DomU

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 11:50:12AM +0200, Petersson, Mats wrote:
> > I tried to load the driver (QLA2200, Qlogic FC HBA) but this driver is
> > only for RH and suse Linux not for Slackware.Any idea.
>
> Hmm. So this is a driver that is delivered as a module, not as
> source-code? In that case I'd recommend one of the following options (in
> no particular order):
> 1. Find a different hardware vendor that has a open-source driver.
> 2. Use one of the hardware vendors preferred distros.
> 3. Try to find a slackware version of the driver.

QLA2x drivers are available for Linux as GPL source code in
support.qlogic.com:
http://download.qlogic.com/drivers/54276/qla2xxx-v8.01.04-1-dist.tgz

The package contains proprietary, binary libraries, though, but they
aren't needed for the driver and basic usage.

RedHat's kernels include the qla2x driver.

If the device is exported correctly to the domU and the domU kernel
supports PCI frontend, then it could be that he's missing the kernel
build dirs or missed the source version of the driver.

--
lfr
0/0