[Xen-users] xen bonding and network performance dropping to ~ 0.1%

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen bonding and network performance dropping to ~ 0.1%
From: Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 17:45:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:44:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

after some patching of the xen scripts (to properly `migrate' slaves
over from bond0 to pbond0), I have xen and bonding working. But only
for 20-25 seconds, after that the network throughput suddenly falls
from for example 110MB/sec to 70-120KB/sec, e.g. about a factor of
thousand. Stopping the network bridge restores the throughput, but
again after a short delay of 0.5-1 minute.

Does that ring a bell? What can be the troublemaker and why does it
appear with such a great delay? There is no hint in the logs on why
the performance drops that dramatically.

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net