[Xen-users] Windows XP install doesn't complete after reboot

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows XP install doesn't complete after reboot
From: pat_allen <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:35:15 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:58:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am running xen 3.0.3-25.0.3 on a HP Prolian DL365 (Two dual-core AMD
Opteron processors with 10GB of RAM) and RHEL 5. I can install a para-virt
RHEL5 guest just fine. I was able to install a Windows XP guest the other
day after much work but I tried again today to document the process and
can't duplicate the process. I've tried installing from both the CD and an
ISO image and the same thing happens. The first phase of the install works
OK (after I press F5 to select the standard PC) and the system reboots.
Then, when I start up the guest again, the setup program will display a
dialogue box indicating that it wants to copy files from
GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386. I've tried working with the DISK line in the
configuration file but I can't figure it out.  Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks!