Re: [Xen-users] Strange Networking Issue

Ok, Here is what my provider told me...

------------------------
Hello Jon,
Sorry for the confusion caused.
In order to set up a VPS server you need to set up a different gateway other than the gateway xxx.xxx.153.177.
The set up should be done in the following manner.
The first IP i.e xxx.xxx.154.240 should be the network address.
The second IP xxx.xxx.154.241 should be the gateway address
and the last IP the broadcast IP xxx.xxx.154.247. So in the process you will loose your 3 IP's.
These settings need to be done at your end. Do let us know once this is set up so that we can re-route your Virtual IP's through the VLAN.

So are they assuming that I have a routed setup or something?  Is this logical to you guys?  What I don't get is that currently .240 and .244 (the primary IP's for the Dom1 and Dom2) are working just fine int he current setup.  This seems to debunk their claim to me.

Your thoughts?

Jon