Re: [Xen-users] xen kernel crashes athlon?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen kernel crashes athlon?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:23:07 +0000
Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, Ian Jones <ian.jones9901@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 06:25:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> If you're not able to make sense of the above, the output to the console
> would be helpful.

That ought to get to the bottom of the problem, at least (once interpreted!)

> The less pleasant method of achieving the same thing is to type it in by
> hand (and trying to not type it in wrong, as that may mislead the
> helper...).

Or take a photo with a digital camera, stick it on the web (size restrictions
on attachments to list mail) and send us a link! ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

> Mats
>
> > Petersson, Mats wrote:
> > > You may want to add "noreboot" to the "kernel=[...]xen.gz"
> >
> > line in your
> >
> > > grub.conf file.
> > >
> > > There should be no problem running Xen on AMD hardware, and my
> > > suspiction is that the difference between the machines are
> >
> > more in which
> >
> > > drivers you need to get the kernel booted rather than the processor
> > > architecture...
> > >
> > > [The number of times we've had customers saying things like
> >
> > "it works on
> >
> > > my Intel machine but not the AMD machine" and it turns out
> >
> > to be some
> >
> > > other hardware difference is HUGE compared to number of cases where
> > > software ACTUALLY is bevhaving different between AMD and Intel.]
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mats

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!