Re: [Xen-users] Any difference between live migrating of para-virtualize

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Any difference between live migrating of para-virtualized and full-virtualized domains?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:49:15 +0000
Cc: Liang Yang <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 03:49:09 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm just wondering if Xen treats para-virtualized and full-virtualized
> domain differently when doing live migration?

The process is similar, but there's a different set of state to be migrated.
Also, PV guests participate more actively in the migration than FV guests do.

I'm not sure if FV live migration is in mainline yet.  I'd imagine they're
pretty similar from the user's point of view.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!