RE: [Xen-users] can XEN be extended ?

To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] can XEN be extended ?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:53:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:02:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What drivers? As far as I know, Xen has no need for further drivers, as
the whole principle is to use Dom0 for drivers - that way, you don't
have to write a Xen-driver for every device under the sun. Xen has
drivers for VGA, Serial port and Keyboard, because that's necessary to
be able to use Xen to debug itself (and of course, you can't rely on the
drivers in Dom0 for this, as when Xen isn't really working right, Dom0
may not function properly).

So, instead of having Xen-drivers, Xen uses Dom0 (Linux for example) to
get drivers for the hardware in the system.

> What all is possible with XEN till date ?

Lots of things. Again, you're asking a very open question, and it would
take quite a lot of pages of text to specify ALL the things that Xen can
do.

--
Mats