Re: [Xen-users] Refused Connection and anything special about Guests

To: Tom Miller <madprogextrodinr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Refused Connection and anything special about Guests
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:21:58 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:21:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 23:00 -0500, Tom Miller wrote:
> Still having problems with Firebird.
>
> The Firebird, openSuse, and you guys all agree that it is a
> configuration issue with the guest.  All the normal things that could be
> screwing up Firebird are not the issue.  They have walked me through
> almost every scenario.
>
> So does the IP stack in Linux create a log file?  Could there be a
> setting in the Host (Dom0) that I am missing.
>
> Telnet 127.0.0.1 25 works fine.  Telnet 127.0.0.1 3050 does not.

If you (otherwise) have network connectivity to the dom-u from the
Internet, this really ceases to become a Xen issue :) If you can't
connect to your service via localhost, something is wrong with the
service itself, or you have some firewall rules that need to be flushed.

If you can't get connectivity at (all) to your dom-u through its vif,
then you can post your dom-u configuration file and someone will most
likely help you sort it out.

> Thanks in advance.

Best,
--Tim