[Xen-users] Using Xen on Cobalt Raq4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Using Xen on Cobalt Raq4
From: Florian Fainelli <florian.fainelli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:07:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:06:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I am trying to make Xen work on a Cobalt Raq4 (x86 based). I managed to
compile both hypervisor and Dom0 kernel with cobalt specific fixes.

Unfortunately, the bootloader on the Cobalt Raq4 is very limited, and
does not allow me to specify the domain0 kernel to load with the xen
hypervisor. For the moment I would like to avoid chain loading :

cobalt-rom -> grub -> xen

Before modifying the loading chain, I would like to know if the
hypervisor is looking for a specific kernel file to load ?

Thank you very much in advance.