Re: [Xen-users] SuSE and Xen 10.x

On Saturday 13 January 2007 02:02, Kevin Blackwell wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Let me first say I have attempted to install Xen on openSuSE and
> Novell SuSE. in both instances, I have been unable to get dom0 to
> get on the network.
>
> I've been through every install and have confirmed that everything
> is set up correctly. I get the eth0, peth0, and some Vif
> interfaces.
>
> As a side note, the server is getting a nat'd address on the
> internal network. If I boot into the regular kernel, network works
> fine. Reboot into the Xen kernel, nothing.

Is it like this?:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-01/msg00007.html

In that case, do:

ip link set peth0 down; sleep 3; ip link set peth0 up

> I would love to hear from anyone that has gotten SuSE to work with
> Xen.

I works for me now, but I had to put the commands as stated above in
my /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge script. It is a work around, not
the final solution. I haven't had any reaction on my original mail,
so for the time being I'll leave my script as it is now.

--
Paul.