Re: [Xen-users] Problem booting dom0 - can't find partition

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem booting dom0 - can't find partition
From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:29:01 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 07:29:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12 Jan 2007 at 9:42, Deepa S wrote:

> Waiting for device /dev/hda1 to appear:........... not found --
> exiting to /bin/sh

For SLES10, there were several fixes for mkinitrd/mkinitramfs:
patch-mkinitrd-1977.xml  patch-mkinitrd-2169.xml  patch-mkinitrd-2237.xml

--------------snip patch descriptions-----------
This update fixes several problem with mkinitrd:
- MD device detection has been fixed
- ZFCP and DASD ordering will be preserved now
- Include all necessary path priority programs for
  multipathing
- Network device setup has been fixed.
- Some minor fixes.

This update fixes several problems when booting from a
device which is controlled by a volume management system
(LVM, EVMS). The detection of EVMS, LVM and LVM on top of
md has been improved; furthermore the handling of md
devices has been fixed to setup the device based on the
current setting rather than to rely of any (misleading)
mdadm.conf.

This update fixes a problem where an LVM2 installation
is not detected correctly.

Did you install updates? For me, XEN only worked after having installed updates
in
SLES10 x86_64.

Ulrich