Re: [Xen-users] Iptables & compiling

To: steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Iptables & compiling
From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:15:27 +0000
Cc: David Johnson <drjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:15:36 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xen Help wrote:

David Johnson wrote:
CentOS4.4

Ok, this is from my notes:

1. Installed lean version of CentOs
2. Installed everything as listed here http://mark.foster.cc/wiki/index.php/Xen_on_CentOS-4 (and the README from the source code)

Oy. You can save a lot of work and compilation time if you just use the RHEL 4 RPM's from Xensource.

My only problem left is with iptables which somehow is not working, somehow not loading modules or else. lsmod only provides this and I try to compile with netfilters BUT I am not familiar enough yet with the Makefile of Xen.
I did get an error about Microcode stuff but...
This is pretty much trial and error work, it is a pitty the doc is so scarce, most friends have switched over to Vmware:
A bunch of us could use help setting up iptables for Xen: most folks seem to just turn it off.