Re: [Xen-users] Booting Jailtime Centos Image

To: Jensen Nathan A Capt USAFA/DFCS <nathan.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Booting Jailtime Centos Image
From: "Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:49:53 -0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:50:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jensen Nathan A Capt USAFA/DFCS wrote:
All,

        I am a newcommer to the Xen community -- what an awesome
technology!  However, I have having some difficulty booting the images
provided at Jailtime.org.  I have been working on this for almost a week
now, and I think I am dangerously close to making it work.  I'll try to
give as much info here as I can -- forgive the length.

The jailtime images work fine. You guest kernel is most likely misconfigured. You don't need an initrd unless your guest's kernel needs an initrd. It shouldn't in almost every case.

--
Christopher G. Stach II