RE: [Xen-users] Howto about how to install windows 2000 from a cd under

To: "Mark Ryden" <markryde@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Howto about how to install windows 2000 from a cd under Xen (linux ) - newbie
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 18:24:39 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:25:05 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Here goes (and appologies for missing it out last time round):
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 128
shadow_memory = 8
name = "ExampleHVMDomain"
vcpus=2
acpi=1
apic=1
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'file:/root/winxp.img,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/hdd,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
boot="d"
sdl=1
vnc=0
vncpasswd = 'foo'
stdvga=0
serial='pty'
usb=1
usbdevice='tablet'

Note: if Win2K doesn't work, try WinXP or Win2K3 as those are KNOWN to
work - we do know that different versions of Windows have slightly
different peculiarities, and although all of the Xen community is trying
to ensure that all variations work in all combinations of hardware and
software configurations (AMD/Intel, 32/32p/64-bit), the matrix becomes
quite big, so not every single changeset will be run with all
variants...

--
Mats