[Xen-users] USB WebCam in DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] USB WebCam in DomU
From: Michael Bhola <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 01:18:09 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 17:18:48 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I realise that this is probably very hardware specific but I've run out of ideas. It's a Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 using the pwc driver. It works in Dom0 and in a DomU seems to communicate properly with the camera up to the point it actually tries to grab an image when I get:

Frame buffer underflow (3680 bytes); discarded.

repeated multiple times with different byte counts.

The only real difference that I can see between Dom0 and DomU is that I am having to use swiotlb=force swiotlb=8m otherwise I get an oops. This is all on 3.0.2. I seem to remember reading about a USB frontend/backend style driver in the works. Is this in 3.0.3 or further down the line ?

Regards,
   Mike