Re: [Xen-users] "received packet with own address as source address"

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 17:03 +0100, Theo Cabrerizo Diem wrote:
> Crap ctrl+enter .... :-P .. sorry everyone about the half message ...
> So I'm going to finish it inline.

Evolution? :) This happens with me too sometimes...

> The bridge shouldn't have an IP or mac address .. after all it's a
> bridge (IMHO).

I usually use one IP address on my bridge interface, and I was following
this debian article too: http://www.eriberto.pro.br/xen/

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto br-xen
iface br-xen inet static
        address 10.0.0.20
        netmask 255.0.0.0
        network 10.0.0.0
        broadcast 10.255.255.255
        gateway 10.0.0.200
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_maxwait 0

Look: Don't have any entrance around eth0 on
this /etc/network/interfaces...

Anyway, its working better than before now!!!! :)

> That can be done easily on the init scripts (sorry, I use debian, so
> the network scripts are completely different) :)

I prefer debian too, but in this case I'm forced to the one Red
Hat-based :) But you can send me your initscript, I'll adapt it to use
in another *nix ;)

> Yes, my box worked a bit by putting an ip on xenbr0, but it turned a bit
> unstable .. after a
> couple of domU's a kernel panic happened. (and that could be repeated as many
> times as you whished.
> so wasn't a random bug)
>
> After reading carefully the bridge-network script and vif-bridge, I
> understood what xend does at boot
> time and could understand much better xen networking :D

Many thanks by this information Theo.... I got a lot of Oops and kernel
panic on last week... Maybe now this random's crash will stop
(maibe... :p)

Thanks